Since 2000, the Arch-Con Corporation has helped shape the commercial landscape of Houston and throughout the state of Texas. Arch-Con has received local and national recognition for excellence, currently ranked in ENR‘s Top 400 Contractor’s List and Houston Business Journal‘s Top 25 Commercial Contractors List as well as being named to Inc. Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine’s Hot 500, Texas A&M’s Aggie 100 Top 10 and Houston Business Journal’s Fast 100.
Founder Michael Scheurich was raised in Beaumont, Texas before receiving his undergraduate degree in Construction Science at Texas A&M. His career began in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, with projects like The Ball Park at Arlington and Doctors Hospital medical tower. After settling in Houston, he obtained his Master of Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas.
He initially established Arch-Con as a resource for the local commercial market in the areas of office and industrial design-build construction. Along the way, the business expanded into the markets of retail, medical, corporate interiors, hospitality, and community construction. Scheurich is an industry and community leader. He currently serves on the the NAIOP National Board of of Directors, NAIOP Houston Chapter Board of Directors, the American Heart Association Executive Leadership Team, Bo’s Place Board of Directors and the Texas A&M Construction Science Advisory Board.
Arch-Con is more than just a typical contractor. At Arch-Con, design is more than just a step along the way to completing a project – designers and our construction team collaborate throughout the development process. This atmosphere of teamwork ensures that “big-picture” design principles and day-to-day construction management decisions are aligned to maximize quality and efficiency.
Arch-Con’s distinct and separate divisions set us apart as well. Our independent divisions act as individual business units that specialize in their respective markets. This structure allows Arch-Con to offer comprehensive construction services in diverse markets while allowing highly experienced division leaders with strong industry reputations to implement the targeted strategies that best serve the specific needs of clients in these specialized market sectors.
- 2016 Tilt-Up Concrete Association’s Best Tilt-Up Safety | General Contractor less than 250,000 work hours
- Houston Business Journal Best Places to Work #11 Medium Companies
- Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America #915
- Engineering News Record Top 400 Contractors #380
- Seven-time Aggie 100 Winner
- Houston Business Journal Fast 100 – #18
- Houston Business Journal Landmark Award: Public Assembly | Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church
- Inc. Magazine’s Top 10 Fastest-Growing Companies in Houston
- Tilt-up Achievement Award – Westway Park Office Building
- Realty News Report Best Hotel Project of the Year – Aloft Downtown Houston
- 2015 Tilt-Up Concrete Association Zero Lost Time Accident Achievement Award