Human Resources GeneralistJob Location: Houston
Arch-Con Corporation is a highly recognized general contractor for commercial construction, including in the Houston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Our work culture is filled with high energy. If you enjoy being a part of a high-performing, collaborative team, we are looking for YOU! This is your opportunity to work somewhere awesome!
We are looking to hire a full-time Human Resources Generalist to join our team in our Houston office. This position is responsible for delivering exceptional human resources services to the company; to include recruiting, onboarding, and processing payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts recruitment efforts for open positions; to include posting positions on various websites and recruiting portals, reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens and reference checks
- Controls and maintains resumes and schedules interviews for various departments and managers
- Enters data for background and drug screening and launches internal onboarding processes to prepare for employee’s first date
- Facilitates new hire orientation
- Scanning and filing of all employee-related paperwork
- Responsible for collecting timesheets and routing for proper approval
- Responsible for accurately processing payroll on a timely basis
- Full understanding of all benefits plans for clear communication to employees for onboarding, day-to-day and annual open enrollment
- Partners with management to provide day-to-day guidance of human resources activities
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
The human resources generalist reports to the human resources director.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role will use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and/or printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear and use their fingers to type. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to focus.
Arch-Con is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.