Since 2000, the Arch-Con Corporation, a general contractor located near downtown Houston, has helped shape the commercial landscape of Houston and throughout the state of Texas. Arch-Con has received local and national recognition for excellence, currently ranked in ENR ‘s Top 400 Contractor’s List, Inc. Magazine ’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine ’s Hot 500, Texas A&M’s Aggie 100 Top 10, Houston Business Journal ’s Fast 100, Houston Business Journal’ s Top 25 Commercial Contractors and Houston Business Journal ’s Best Places to Work.
Arch-Con Corporation has immediate openings for project managers and senior project managers for our hospitality, multifamily and industrial divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for bidding certain projects
- Plan, direct and coordinate certain construction projects (after awarded) as assigned by management
- Oversee the entire construction project from beginning to end
- Schedule and coordinate all types of design during the construction process
- Determine labor requirements
- Select, hire, and oversee trade contractors and general contractors who are ideal for the completion of a project
- Responsible for scheduling and estimating the time required to complete projects
- Monitor and direct the progress on construction sites
- Work with management to ensure projects are completed within a specified time as directed by the schedule
- Determine the best source of construction materials
- Oversee the delivery of materials, construction tools and equipment
- Ensure that the construction resources are used to capacity
- Ensure all safety precautions are adhered to by construction workers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Obtain the necessary licenses or permits required to complete a project
- Monitor the compliance of set regulations
- Maximize profitability on a project through efficiency and material cost savings
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to read and interpret blueprints/plans
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Construction Industry software
- 5 to 10 years of experience in commercial construction
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Project Management
Only candidates with at least five years’ experience working in commercial construction for a general contractor will be considered. Salary range is commensurate with experience. Please submit a cover letter with an updated job list when applying.
Arch-Con is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time