Payroll and HR SpecialistJob Location: Job Location: Houston
Since 2000, the Arch-Con Corporation, a general contractor located near downtown Houston, has helped shape the commercial landscape of Houston and throughout the state of Texas. Arch-Con has received local and national recognition for excellence, currently ranked in ENR ‘s Top 400 Contractor’s List, Inc. Magazine ’s Fastest Growing Companies, Entrepreneur Magazine ’s Hot 500, Texas A&M’s Aggie 100 Top 10, Houston Business Journal ’s Fast 100, Houston Business Journal’ s Top 25 Commercial Contractors and Houston Business Journal ’s Best Places to Work.
This position is responsible for delivering exceptional human resources services to the company; to include payroll, onboarding, and other human resource support. The Payroll and HR Specialist position reports to the Director of Human Resources. This is a full-time exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for collecting timesheets and routing for proper approval
- Responsible for accurately processing payroll in a timely manner for weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles, creating payroll entries and job cost allocations to enter into the accounting system
- Responsible for processing employee expense reimbursements; to include tracking submitted reports, processing payments and job cost allocation entries into the system
- Enters benefit deductions into the payroll system and communicates other deductions to PEO
- Tracks project-based bonus and commission programs, and requests payout for team members in a timely manner
- Coordinates applicant interviews, new hire orientation and assists with onboarding process
- Audits and enters documents for new employees
- Scanning and filing of all employee-related paperwork
- Full understanding of all benefits plans for clear communication to employees and regulations
- Additional duties as assigned