Project ManagerJob Location: Houston | Dallas | Austin
This position will be responsible for the procurement, performance and profitability of certain projects for Arch-Con Corporation.
The Project Manager reports to the Sr. Project Manager or Vice President. This is an exempt position. Some travel required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for bidding certain projects
- Plan, direct and coordinate certain construction projects (after awarded) as assigned by management
- Oversee the entire construction project from beginning to end
- Schedule and coordinate all types of design during the construction process
- Determine labor requirements
- Select, hire, and oversee trade contractors and general contractors who are ideal for the completion of a project
- Responsible for scheduling and estimating the time required to complete projects
- Monitor and direct the progress on construction sites
- Work with management to ensure projects are completed within a specified time as directed by the schedule
- Determine the best source of construction materials
- Oversee the delivery of materials, construction tools and equipment
- Ensure that the construction resources are used to capacity
- Ensure all safety precautions are adhered to by construction workers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Obtain the necessary licenses or permits required to complete a project
- Monitor the compliance of set regulations
This position may supervise an Assistant Project Manager.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and at a construction job site trailer. This role will use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and/or printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use their fingers to type, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands and reach; and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.