Assistant Project ManagerJob Location: Houston
This role will assist the project manager in the procurement, performance and profitability of certain projects.
The Assistant Project Manager reports to the Sr. Project Manager or Project Manager. This is a full-time exempt position. Some travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and track RFIs through project reporting spreadsheets
- Review and approve submittals for projects
- Compose draft subcontracts for project manager to review
- Compose change proposals for project manager to review
- Create meeting agendas for projects
- Coordinate subcontractor schedules for projects
- Support the superintendent on the project as needed
- Attend weekly jobsite meetings
- Manage permitting/jurisdictional coordination
- Complete tasks as assigned by project manager
- Assist with document control as it relates to field implementation
- Oversee warranty issues to ensure completion
- Other duties as assigned
None. This position will not have any direct reports
This job operates in both a professional office environment and at a construction job site trailer. This role will use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and/or printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use their fingers to type, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands and reach; and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.